Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Child's death reversed by deceased Catholic nun

“My name is Bruna Reyn and I live in Canada. Born in Vienna, Austria, from the age of two to seven I was a ward of the court in the care of The Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross. When my mother remarried, my brother and I were returned to her. From a young age I have been drawn to seek information about what happens at death. I had a ‘dream’ as a child that is as vibrant today as ever. In my ‘dream’ I was floating in outer space towards a brightly lit figure. The figure was Jesus Christ. He was dressed in robes of brilliant white and blue. Both arms were at His side and were directing ‘souls’ floating towards Him to pass Him, some to His right and others to His left. This was a brilliant scene in the black space where I was floating towards Him. I now believe this was my near-death experience when I was three. As a very young child (under 10), although my mother was not religious, when I was sent to bed, I would both pray and try to understand God and eternity. I recall one amazing moment where everything made sense—the fact that there was no beginning and no end, the existence of something beyond my environment—then it was gone.

 

“In 1994 I received a strange phone call form my mother. My mother said The Sisters of the Holy Cross had contacted her to say that they had been looking for me. The reason: on a hot August day, when I was 3 years old, I had been found drowned in a cistern in a small yard in Laxenburg. The cistern was a very large cement tank for collecting rainwater. They knew I was underwater at least 6 hours. Attempts at resuscitation by the nuns who found me, as well as the doctor in attendance, failed. The doctor pronounced me dead and left. But, following passionate prayers directed towards Sr. Maria Theresia, the founder of the Order, I opened my eyes. I had a very high fever for 3 days.

“I was told that everyone who was present for this event, including the doctor, was asked to provide a written description of what they had witnessed. Besides having no explanation for this, the doctor also cautioned that they must be prepared as there would be brain and/or organ damage. This did not occur. Once the fever broke, I appeared to be fine. This event was documented, and made its way through various levels until it reached the Vatican. In 1994 the Vatican declared this a miracle. I was invited, together my husband, to attend the 1995 Beatification Mass for Sr. Maria Theresia Scherer, and receive a medal.”

 

P. M. H. Atwater, Near-Death Experiences: The Rest of the Story (Hampton Roads, 2011).


No comments:

Gödel's reasons for an afterlife

Alexander T. Englert, “We'll meet again,” Aeon , Jan 2, 2024, https://aeon.co/essays/kurt-godel-his-mother-and-the-a...