Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Dying child given choice and returns to mother

I am an army brat and my parents were stationed in Germany. My father was away on a training mission and my mother was a stay-at-home parent. We lived in military housing, which was a apartment building. The neighbor across the hall had asked my mom to babysit her baby and she had dropped the baby and baby's diaper bag off at the apartment. Unbeknownst to my mother, the lady had poured two containers of orange-flavored baby aspirin into one container, and then put the container in a small brown paper sack and tucked into the diaper bag. When my mom was in the kitchen fixing a bottle for the baby, I sneaked into the diaper bag and found the container of hidden aspirin. I ate them all. Needless to say, later while watching cartoons, my eyes rolled back and I went into convulsions. My mother screamed for help and I was transported to the hospital. The lady with the baby saw that the aspirin was missing. She contacted the hospital to inform them of our arrival and about the missing aspirin. Too much time had passed and the aspirin was already in my bloodstream. By the time we made it to the hospital, I was limp and lifeless in my mother's arms.

The medical team rushed me into a room where they started trying to revive me. As they worked on me, I left my body and was watching from above. I could see and hear everything, but could not feel what they were doing to the body below. I can remember vividly watching with curiosity and interest. While watching the doctors and nurses working on the body below, I also remember being able to watch what was happening at the same time in the room they had taken my mom. I could feel my mother's hysteria and distraught, as if her emotions were my own. I remember being overwhelmed with feelings of intense love for my mother. I had memories of a past life that I had shared before this one that involved both my mother and my sister.

I also experienced a knowing of my mother's future through two separate scenarios: One if I decided to leave this life, and one if I decided to stay. The knowing felt like a gift being given and even though I had a 3-year-old mentality I was able to receive this information as if I was a mature person. I cannot relate how much time passed, but I remember making a decision. Once I did this, I felt myself pulled back into the body I had been watching below me.

Immediately, I felt everything being done to me. Because this happened when I was 3 all the details other than the ones described are all I remember.  

Teresa M, NDERF.org

No comments:

Gödel's reasons for an afterlife

Alexander T. Englert, “We'll meet again,” Aeon , Jan 2, 2024, https://aeon.co/essays/kurt-godel-his-mother-and-the-a...