Monday, May 3, 2021

On her way to heaven until called back

I woke up from surgery in the intensive care unit (ICU), looked at my husband and squeaked out, 'I never dreamed before while under surgery.' He thought that was a strange statement because I dream frequently. When the anesthesia wore off, I was able to tell the whole story. The doctor happened to be at my beside While I told the story to my husband.

Before when I had undergone surgery, it was like going to sleep and then waking up with no knowledge of time having passed. This time was different.

I was suddenly in a hallway. It was as if the walls, ceiling, and floor were made of light. It was as of love was a tangible thing, and I literally breathed it in and out. It was the most amazing feeling ever. I suddenly knew where my granny G was, so I started hurrying down the hallway, I was eager to go see her.

Suddenly, I heard someone scream, 'KIM!' I turned around and thought, 'I forgot my kids.' Then, I woke up in ICU.

The doctor's face went white as a sheet. He said that the surgery had been going perfectly. Then for no reason at all, my oxygen dropped to 60 percent, which is brain death. He tried everything to get me back, but nothing was working. Finally, he said that he grabbed my shoulders and screamed, "KIM!" in my face. Then, everything returned to normal.

I know I was on my way to heaven. Had I been allowed to actually see the other side, I don't think I would have wanted to return.

NDERF.org 

No comments:

Gödel's reasons for an afterlife

Alexander T. Englert, “We'll meet again,” Aeon , Jan 2, 2024, https://aeon.co/essays/kurt-godel-his-mother-and-the-a...