Wednesday, June 2, 2021

NDE includes battle between demons and angels

The following experience was sent to Dr. Sartori by Tony, aged 44: “In 1994 I suffered a very severe head injury, when I was knocked off my bicycle by a car. I spent eleven months in hospital: seven weeks at one and nine months at another. As a result of the accident, I was in a coma for four weeks, a wheelchair user for eight months and unable to read and write for a long period. Immediately following this accident, a neighbor (who was also a qualified nurse) took the necessary action to ensure that it did not have fatal consequences by ensuring that I did not lose more blood, that I was able to breathe more comfortably and, perhaps most significantly, she telephoned for an ambulance. She has since advised me that I remained conscious, continually muttering, ‘help me, help me.’ However, she thought that my injuries were so severe that when an ambulance eventually arrived, I would not survive the journey to the hospital. 


“On my arrival at the hospital, my friend was contacted and asked to identify my body. On arrival, he has advised me that I was described as being in a ‘touch and go’ predicament. However, following a blood transfusion I was sufficiently stable to be taken by ambulance to a different hospital and was placed on a life support machine for three days. At the time of the accident, I was a ‘lapsed’ Roman Catholic. However, I have been ‘reborn’ since (but have not become ‘overtly religious’).


“Some ‘red angels’, who I later perceived to be ‘devil’s demons’, asked me to join them. After refusing this request some more ‘red angels’ came down from what I assumed to be heaven and fought the ‘devil’s demons’ . . . I can vaguely recall a ‘heavenly angel’ piercing a ‘devil’s demon’ in his/her heart with a spear. In retrospect the physical appearance of ‘heavenly angels’ and ‘devil’s demons’ should not be dissimilar because the devil (Lucifer) had once been a ‘heavenly angel’. I understand that a similar depiction of a ‘near-death’ experience is depicted in the ‘Book of Revelation’. In some respects, this experience gave me cause for concern because I felt that if the ‘devil’s demons’ had thought it worthwhile approaching me it was possible that I had been (am) such a bad person that I might deserve to ‘rot in hell’.”

 

Sartori, Dr Penny. Wisdom of Near-Death Experiences (pp. 20-21). Watkins Media. Kindle Edition. 2014.


No comments:

Gödel's reasons for an afterlife

Alexander T. Englert, “We'll meet again,” Aeon , Jan 2, 2024, https://aeon.co/essays/kurt-godel-his-mother-and-the-a...