Monday, January 3, 2022

Attempted suicide led to a new sense of purpose

My friend left my room and went outside with her boyfriend. I went to their room so I’d be found. My dog Alice was with me. I drew up a heavy shot of heroine. Then, I sat with my legs crossed and tucked under each other. I was in the middle of the floor. I took the shot. I attempt to get up, but couldn't. I had fallen face down.

I remember what I felt like. I was waking up out of the sleep of a lifetime and into a pool of the most overwhelming emotion of peace, serenity, and love. As I opened my eyes and sat up, I could see between the human world and another amazing place. When I stood up, my vision or view focused on this new, wonderful place. I was met by a group of people. I knew all of them; they were former family members and a few friends. There were also a few I didn't know; one female and one male. The ground felt like I was floating midair above it. If I could feel it, I would liken it to silken grass but it was multi-colored. There were no trees. Yet there was a clear, golden-yellow sky like an early morning sun that goes into mid-morning. My family began to tell me it was time to go back. I argued with them. Then in what felt like the snap of a finger, I was back in my body and really sitting up. There was a tube going down my nose and someone just finishing cutting my shirt to place the electric shock pads on my body. 

At the time of your experience, was there an associated life-threatening event? Yes.  I tried and killed myself with drugs. 

Did time seem to speed up or slow down? Time seemed to go faster or slower than usual What’s seemed like 6 hours was way less. 

Did you seem to enter some other, unearthly world? A clearly mystical or unearthly realm. It wasn’t a field I was in even though it seemed as one. Then when my family, friends, and the field disappeared, I was with the two strangers the bright light behind them.

What emotions did you feel during the experience? Overwhelming feelings of peace, love, understanding, knowing without fear.  

Did you have a change in your values and beliefs because of your experience? Yes. It confirmed there is something bigger than ourselves and bigger than this little pointless earthly life, that might actually have a greater purpose for our next stop.  

How accurately do you remember the experience in comparison to other life events that occurred around the time of the experience? I remember the experience more accurately than other life events that occurred around the time of the experience.

NDERF.org # 9310

No comments:

Gödel's reasons for an afterlife

Alexander T. Englert, “We'll meet again,” Aeon , Jan 2, 2024, https://aeon.co/essays/kurt-godel-his-mother-and-the-a...