Saturday, June 5, 2021

Survivor feels he was sent back for a purpose

Dr. Sartori reports the following experience. "I kept asking what had happened as I knew I had experienced something, but all the surgeon would say was that it had been pretty serious, and they had to wash my insides out with antibiotics as I was so ulcerated with the peritonitis infection. I just wanted to be left alone as I felt so ill. I was given over 20 morphine jabs to ease the pain during that week. During the first three days every time that I closed my eyes I could see a vivid green tunnel off to my left in the wall, and felt that all I had to do was to let go because of the constant pain. I stopped having the tunnel visions as my temperature dropped on the fourth day.

 

"When I finally managed to get out of bed after the fourth day, I noticed my chest looked very red and couldn’t understand why. It was when I mentioned this later to my mother, she explained that they had probably shocked me with the paddles, if there had been problems during the operation, which she thought that there had been. I was a practicing Catholic before this happened and am not frightened to die, as I know this is all just a stepping stone to something better, which is what I tell people.

 

"I am now 46 and have had a son since, but I don’t think he was the reason I came back. I know the docs just said the experiences might have been the morphine, but I know it was something different. I fly helicopters and have rescued people, but I still don’t feel that I have reached the point which I feel that I was sent back for yet. I sometimes wonder if I am doing the right job for me now, which is strange considering how keen I was to fly before this experience. I have mentioned to some rich individuals who I have come across through my flying that they should set up a charity that would respond faster, to help the sick and children in need around the world, and I feel this has something to do with what I know I was sent back for.

 

"I am more interested in the spiritual side of life than I was before, and always said at the time of the operation anybody younger or older wouldn’t have got through the pain, as I felt like giving up at times myself. I now feel everything in life is fate, and know it’s just a stepping stone to something much better. The strange thing that I still think about is that the being I saw; it was like a negative film image with a soft light behind it. There was no speech, but the thoughts were passed to me somehow. I know it was real. I don’t think my NDE was anything to do with the morphine either, as I had 20 injections through that week and the out-of-body experience only happened at the start of my stay in hospital. I don’t know if this experience resembles anybody else’s with the negative image I saw, but thought I would share it with you."

 

Sartori, Dr Penny. Wisdom of Near-Death Experiences (pp. 36-37). Watkins Media. Kindle Edition. 2014.


No comments:

Gödel's reasons for an afterlife

Alexander T. Englert, “We'll meet again,” Aeon , Jan 2, 2024, https://aeon.co/essays/kurt-godel-his-mother-and-the-a...