Friday, August 20, 2021

Financier after NDE helps others change

At forty-five Gordon Allen, a ruthless and successful financier, had a near-death experience due to congestive heart failure. Afterwards, Greyson says, Allen “severed all links with his business and left the world of money far behind. He became a licensed counselor and used his new understanding to help others change their lives.” Allen explains that during his near-death experience:

Immediately the thought was communicated to me that all the skills and all the talents that I had been given, which I had been very, very, very blessed with, were for a purpose greater than the purpose that I used them for, the purpose of making money, and that itself wasn’t it, and there was another purpose for it, and that they should now be applied in some ways that would be shown to me. Absolutely, that’s the moment my life changed. And when I came back, my heart was filled, and you would describe this as being on fire. Your heart feels like it’s on fire, and it’s on fire with love, okay? The sensation of love that I experienced as I was going through the out-of-body experience has retained itself. I’m there; it’s in me. It hasn’t gone away, hasn’t changed.

Bruce Greyson, After: A Doctor Explores What Near-Death Experiences Reveal about Life and Beyond, 187-189. 

No comments:

Gödel's reasons for an afterlife

Alexander T. Englert, “We'll meet again,” Aeon , Jan 2, 2024, https://aeon.co/essays/kurt-godel-his-mother-and-the-a...