Sunday, August 22, 2021

Teen-ager saved by Christ in his NDE

Some survivors remain troubled and are trouble as well for their families. “Kenny was a teenager whose heart stopped when he was electrocuted by a freak spark jumping from a high-voltage power line. He had a near-death experience with both heavenly and hellish visions and felt he had been saved by Christ and sent back with a mission. His parents had brought him to see me because he felt estranged from his school friends, who didn’t understand why he had changed.” Greyson included Kenny in a support group he’d organized for near-death survivors to share their recovery problems, and Kenny brought his parents. Greyson notes, “Long after Kenny himself stopped coming to the group, his parents continued to attend.”

Greyson says: “In the three decades since Kenny’s participation in that group, he continued to wrestle with the aftereffects of his near-death experience. Kenny now sums up that struggle in these words: I’ve been through a lot of ups and downs since then—some good, some bad. Over the years, I’ve really discovered the empathic side of me. I know my true gifts lie in the emotional side of humanity, and I have a strong ability to comfort and educate when people are at their worst. I do believe the electrocution has shaped my life. I know my life has purpose and I was spared to do something bigger than me, whether it’s helping as a practitioner or just being available to others.

Bruce Greyson, After: A Doctor Explores What Near-Death Experiences Reveal about Life and Beyond, 210-211.


No comments:

Gödel's reasons for an afterlife

Alexander T. Englert, “We'll meet again,” Aeon , Jan 2, 2024, https://aeon.co/essays/kurt-godel-his-mother-and-the-a...