Saturday, January 1, 2022

NDE after giving birth: "I felt like God was there."

I was almost 19 years old and had just given birth to my first child a couple of hours before my experience. I recall I had the urge to use the restroom, and I attempted to get up from my bed without assistance. My mother and younger sister were in the room and holding the baby. When I stood up and felt an immense rush, like my water had broken, but it was blood. I saw the blood on the floor, and remember thinking, 'That's not right.'

The next thing I recall is feeling warm. I couldn't see anything but darkness. I didn't feel afraid. It was almost comfortable and cozy, like a warm hug. I couldn't hear anything. But just before I went into the darkness, I heard what I think was a nurse yelling for a crash cart.

I'm not sure how long I was in this dark and comfortable state of void, and I don't recall any events immediately after. I do remember waking up in my hospital bed, and my mother looked scared and was doting over me. Later on, over the years, she has told me she thought she had lost me forever. I don't fear dying and always remember how comforting that experience was. I knew I was okay; I didn't have a fear at all. The dark wasn't cold or scary. I have always been afraid of the dark but this wasn't that kind of dark. Following this experience, I began my journey to become a Registered Nurse and have been since the age of 23.  

Did you seem to enter some other, unearthly world? A clearly mystical or unearthly realm. I was in a place without stress, without fears. It was a darkness but I knew I was with love. It was void of anything, no sounds no lights, nobody, but it was full of love and comfort.

During your experience, did you gain information about the existence of God? Yes I felt like God was there. Surrounding me, I felt love and peace.  

 

NDERF.org, #9319

No comments:

Gödel's reasons for an afterlife

Alexander T. Englert, “We'll meet again,” Aeon , Jan 2, 2024, https://aeon.co/essays/kurt-godel-his-mother-and-the-a...